- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
When we talk coffee brewers, we're looking for something that's functional, durable and allows us the room to manipulate variables to enhance flavour. Simple, quick and easy are three words to describe the AeroPress. You get the best of both worlds of coffee brewing with the features of both an immersion and a filter brewer, allowing you to create your own personal brewstyle.
We'd like to suggest two different methods from members of our team. The recipes are similar but, also, slightly different. First, find Paul's written step-by-step below. Secondly, find Cole's here in this video.
Paul, the Head Roaster at Rosso, came second in the 2018 National AeroPress Championships. If you'd like to try his recipe, here it is:
Paul's Silver Medal Recipe in 10 steps
- You'll need 350 mL of water at 89 Celsius.
- While your kettle is heating, grind 32g of coffee at a medium coarse grind setting. Remove the *fines by shaking your grinds in a paper cup.
- Carefully pour 30g into an inverted AeroPress, making sure not to include the fines.
- Zero AeroPress on a scale, add 160ml of water, start timer and stir rapidly 30 times.
- Rinse paper filter and place on top of AeroPress with cap.
- Remove AeroPress from the scale and zero a sturdy jug on the scale and remove.
- When timer reaches 2 mins, flip and press slowly into the jug.
- Place jug back on scale. You should have 115-120ml of concentrate.
- Dilute with hot water until final brew is approx. 260-270ml, depending on taste.
- Kick back, relax and enjoy!
The AeroPress offers you the flexibility to brew a number of different ways. For other recipes that might better fit your brew style, take a look at some of the best recipes here: http://
If you often find yourself on the road, we'd recommend the AeroPress along with a Timemore Handgrinder C1 - a match made in road trip heaven.
Once your order is received, it will be processed and shipped in 1-3 days.
Free delivery in Calgary for orders over $20.
Free delivery across Canada & the US for orders over $75
Amazing value out of this thing! Easy to clean, small and portable, and of course, great coffee! I only wish it had a slightly bigger water capacity for more than 1 person, but then it wouldn't be as compact. Great little machine overall, worth every penny, 5/5.
Love this thing. Coffee comes out incredibly smooth and low acid
Hi Jessie, we're happy you're enjoying the Aeropress! It sure does make a smooth cup of coffee :)
I've been using Aeropress on and off for close to ten years. My current one is more than five years old now and still in perfect working order. It's a low-fuss way of making a high quality cup of coffee, and light and compact enough to travel with if I don't know what the coffee situation is like where I'm going. The filters are nice and unobtrusive too and a pack will last for ages.
The best part of the AeroPress is the versatility. There are a dozen different ways you can make a very good cup of coffee with this thing, and part of the fun of it is the experimentation to hone in on the ideal cup. It's easy to take with you wherever you go, and it never disappoints. Highly recommend.